For the most important day in your lives, Domaine du Faure can provide a setting and a range of optional services that allow you to create a unique and very personal experience. For the days you are here, a beautiful and characterful 18th century estate in the French countryside is your own.
With 24 en-suite bedrooms (and a further 19 in our three houses in a nearby village if desired) on a 20 acre estate, a dining room that can seat up to 80 and a 200m² salon for dancing, Château du Faure can do everything that a hotel can do with the added bonus of being exclusively yours.
We offer a self-catered venue but with a full service capability: Wedding reception, wedding breakfast, breakfasts, lunches, dinners and maid service are available. The only condition is that we organise the wedding reception/breakfast and wines. At other times you can do your own thing, or ask us to provide whatever additional services that you need.
Because of our operating philosophy you will find the event is exceptional value for money. All additional features, such as wines, fireworks, live band are provided at cost, allowing you to choose the best – premier cru champagne at 18 euros per bottle for example. This website provides all of the information that you will need to assess how much our service will cost you up front.
- 200m² salon for dancing, with high definition cinema facility
- Dining room that can seat 80
- 24 en-suite bedrooms in three houses around a central courtyard with another optional 19 bedrooms available a short drive from the main site suitable for different family groups
- Three swimming pools, tennis court, croquet lawn, boules court, table tennis, plus much more
- In addition to our additional 3 houses nearby, there are several chambres d’hôtes/hotels within 3 kms
- Proximity to Bordeaux (60 mins) and Bergerac Airports (40 mins), well-served by low-cost airlines; Libourne TGV station (Green way to come), 30 mins
- Possibility to have Catholic, Anglican or Humanist ceremonies. Note that all ceremonies are blessings of a marriage that will have taken place in a civil ceremony, and there are some qualification hurdles to be overcome
- Child-friendly with play areas
The estate is full of character, with stone walls and beams in abundance. The furnishing of the bedrooms is tasteful with a rustic feel.
Our team has an intimate knowledge of the estate: From our chef Magali – a superb cook – to the serving and cleaning team, our regular band – the Mark Brenner Band - and Pyragric Feux d’Artifice. The fact that we own the whole estate offers you a great deal of flexibility in the running of the event.
French Country Weddings describes well what we do: Rural, a little rustic and very personal. The venue and experience will suit couples who prefer informality, intimacy and being with friends in a beautiful environment. We provide the setting for you to create exactly what you want.
A visit is essential since there are numerous choices to be made on the details of the event.